In today’s globalized business world people of varied cultural backgrounds communicate with each other. Although the ideas of how different tasks should be done often differ, we have to carry them out effectively to deliver results. Effective communication is not easy to achieve, unless we have a solid foundation of intercultural knowledge and dominate some techniques of intercultural communication. I would like to invite you to boost your intercultural communication skills in a friendly and communicative environment.
Here are the seminar modules:
- Developing a framework for our discussions
Let‘s define a concept of culture and comment on the functions of cultural stereotypes
- Useful tips and knowledge for your workplace
Take a look at indirect and direct communication styles, focusing on the most important tools in business
- e-mails and telephoning (requests, complaints, unsatisfying responses)
- face-to-face communication (giving instructions: how to get others to do what you want)
- presentations (finding the right way to address your audience)
- smalltalk (building up a positive relationship)
- Learn how to assess difficult situations and to react appropriately
Get familiar with the most essential cultural dimensions for business (space, time, power distance, high and low
context, collectivism/individualism...) and learn how to apply intercultural communication techniques to deal with
difficult situations (case studies).
Are you interested?